sábado, 18 de setembro de 2010

SITE: www.musicalenglishlessons.org

Musical English Lessons International, England
Established since 1993
ORIGINAL INDEX OF 
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PRACTICE 
ON THIS WEBSITE
RELATED PAGES
GRAMMATICAL CORRECTION
GRAMMAR RULES (At-a-glance)
DEFINITE v INDEFINITE ARTICLES
ADJECTIVES
NOUNS 
PRONOUNS
PREPOSITIONS & PARTICLES
GERUND v PAST PARTICIPLE v INFINITIVE (with/without TO)
VERBS  
TENSES
MIXED TENSES 
PRESENT TENSES
  • SONG: Fix You sung by Coldplay (Practice:  Simple Present)
  • SONG: Things I'll Never Say sung by Avril Lavigne (Practice: Simple present & present continuous)
  • SONG:  Tubthumper sung by Chumbawumba (Practice: simple present)
  • SONG:  In The Ghetto sung by Elvis Presley (Practice: simple present & present continuous)
  • SONG:  No More I Love Yous sung by Annie Lennox
PAST TENSES
FIRST CONDITIONAL
2ND CONDITIONAL & MIXED
MODAL AUXILIARIES
CLOZE
QUESTIONS & QUESTION WORDS
REPORTED SPEECH
CLAUSES
  • SONG: My Way sung by Frank Sinatra & Robbie Williams
  • SONG: Paranoid sung by Black Sabbath
COMPREHENSION
COMMON & USEFUL PHRASES
SPECIFIC VOCABULARY PRACTICE
SPECIFIC GRAMMAR CONSTRUCTIONS
  • JOKE: Lipstick lip prints on mirrors 
    • could + infinitive (making suggestions)
    • I think + be going to + infinitive (speculating, anticipating)
    • I think + simple future (speculating, anticipating)
  • SONG: This Love sung by Maroon 5 (NEVER + Full Infinitive)
  • Saying the same things differently
  • SONG:  (Crazy by Gnarls Barkley) Transfer (Constructions)
    • 2a-I remember when + to lose one's mind/life (please scroll to next box)
    • 2b-There is/was something so pleasant about that phase.
    • 2c-There is/was so much space
    • 2d-Even your emotions had an echo
    • 2e-Does that make me crazy?
    • 2f- All I remember + gerund
    • 2g-To be + prepositional phrase
    • 2h-Maybe I'm crazy, (but nevertheless ..........)
    • 2i-I didn't know enough/I just knew too much
    • 2j-Well, I think you're crazy just like me.
    • 2k-to hope ( that) + clause/ to hope + full infinitive
    • 2l- That's my only advice. (My only advice is ........)
    • 2m-Who do you think you are?
    • 2n-Ever since I was little, (+ clause)
    • 2o-It looked like fun/It's no coincidence (that) I've come 
    • 2p-Come on now + phrase (+ function)
FUNCTIONAL ENGLISH
COMPARATIVE LANGUAGE STUDIES
CREATIVE WRITING
SEQUENCING PRACTICE
SPELLING & PRONUNCIATION 
STRESS & INTONATION 
SPEAKING
SONGS FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS & GROUP SINGING PRACTICE
INTRODUCTIONS TO SUBJECTS SUITABLE FOR COMPOSITION, ROLEPLAY, DEBATE OR DISCUSSION
TAILOR YOUR LANGUAGE
AN INTRODUCTION TO  THE CLASSICS
  • CHARLES DICKENS::  Full lesson plan with varied group & pairwork activities using two excerpts from Great Expectations
  • RICHARD HARRIS BARHAM: Free gapped, sequencing & vocabulary exercises for use with a poem called "The Jackdaw of Rheims"
  • SHAKESPEARE: Free gapped, matching & sequencing exercises as memory aids for quotes from Shakespeare:  As You Like It, Julius Caesar, Romeo & Juliet, Richard II, Macbeth, Twelfth Night, The Tempest 
  • SHAKESPEARE  Lesson plan + worksheets for The Seven Ages of  Man (As You Like It)
LEARNING AIDS
READING PRACTICE
FICTION NON-FICTION
POETRY
ICEBREAKERS
CHRISTIAN WORKS
My thanks to everyone who has inspired me, helped me, encouraged me and/or corrected me
Bibi Baxter (formerly Bibi Boarder)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário